This isn’t 100% true, but it’s damn close.
Being a 30+ married woman with no kids is…interesting, to say the least. There are moments of deep sadness, thinking back on failed pregnancies. There are moments (many) of social awkwardness when you’re the only couple without kids, or when people ask the inevitable “When are you having babies???” (probs never). There’s the soul crushing feeling of knowing your parents and other family members are disappointed that they won’t get a grandchild – as much as they say it’s okay.
However, there are also many benefits to being child-free, if you are willing to except them! For example:
- I probably will or already have taken a nap today
- The integrity of my vaginal wall is stellar
- If I want to have a glass of wine right now, I can
- I can continue to pursue my professional and personal goals to any extent that I want
- Ability to travel, travel, travel!
- Hopefully when I’m older, after years of working and never paying for kids’ stuff, I can jump into my pile of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck in Ducktales
This blog will be dedicated to these benefits. I’m hoping to go through this journey focusing on the silver-linings, rather than the crap piles. I know there will be hard days, but I’m hoping to steer towards the positive and find a community of like-minded child-free women along the way. Let’s thrive together!